TLDR version: Our product is a customer data platform, complex customer data management for larger companies, Brno, Prague or remote; Python; Docker, Databases, authentic company culture and fair salary, flat organization, long-term job position, innovative and tech-rich industry; respect, trust, and no startup BS; a profitable and fast-growing company with a complex product; high-skilled dev & analytic team which will help you grow. If this all resonates with you, give it a go and keep reading. 👇
Hello, we are Meiro
In Meiro, through our product – a Customer Data Platform (CDP) – and thanks to years of our know-how, we solve the fragmentation of customer data for companies all over the world. CDP gives access to organized, clean, and stitched customer data from multiple data sources. The strength of CDP is its ability to integrate any data source in and out of CDP. The data are collected, consolidated, cleaned and ready to be used in other systems and tools.
Our headquarters is in Singapore with part of our team. The rest of us are based between Brno and Prague. You could find our clients in Australia, Southeast Asia, Central Europe, or Scandinavia.
Besides data, we are very good at creating communities. You might have heard about Shelovesdata.com. It’s Meiro’s nonprofit project which is teaching mostly women about data, digital marketing, engineering, and the world of new technologies.
For our Czech team, we are looking for an experienced backend developer and we asked our back-end leader Odis to tell you a little bit about his team, the work, and who is he looking for:
“I’ve always wanted to work in a well-structured and organized workplace. And my wish finally came true in Meiro. Our projects are modular, scalable, and easily expandable. The system components are separated into the Docker containers, so the whole system installation and scalability is a piece of cake for us. We focus to write well-designed code, we practice code reviews, the refactoring is no tabu and the code integration and deployment are fully automated.”
📍 What can you expect from this position?
- You will be part of the CZ product team with FE and BE developers, as well as the product manager and UX designer
- You will be working on internal projects with an outstanding team and exposed to the business use cases from the European and Southeast Asian market
- Agile programming is our mantra & Clean well-designed code is our priority
- We automatically integrate and deploy our code with GitHub Actions
🔧 Your regular day might look like this
- We have a team stand-up every Monday where we re-cap the last week’s work and sum up the work for the following week
- All tasks are organized in Jira
- The new code is always developed in a standalone git branch and it is sent to code review when it’s ready
- We split the code reviews between all developers, so the review time is equally split and we can all share each other’s view on the codebase
- We mostly develop the code in Python with the PyCharm IDE
- Our REST APIs are documented with the ApiAry
👩🏻💻 What do we expect from a back-end developer?
- Being comfortable with Python 3 using static typing and an object-oriented programming paradigm
- We expect some knowledge of the code architecture
- Knowing how to write automated tests
- Some basic Docker knowledge is also a must
- If you know some of these, it’s a huge plus: SqlAlchemy, Flask, Postgresql, Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ, Docker, Ansible, Terraform, AWS S3, AWS SES, Redshift, ApiAry
🤝 What do we offer
- A great innovative team of experts, which will elevate your career
- Flexible remote job, but you can use our Impact Hub office in Brno or Prague
- Rapid career growth, self-realization, and education
- The international environment of our company & our clients you’d be working with
- A good financial compensation based on your skills and experience
If you like this position, don’t be shy to try it! Tell us about your previous projects, and send us your CV or Linkedin profile at [email protected].