Our website uses technology to collect information that helps us improve your online experience. This means that when you visit our website (www.meiro.io), cookies may be placed on your computer or other device which you use for browsing.
Please see below the detailed Cookie Notice which explains the types of cookies we use on our website and the way how you can control them. We may change this Cookie Notice from time to time, any changes will become effective when available on or through our website.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are sent from a website and stored on your computer or other device by your web browser when you visit a site. They cannot transfer viruses or malware to your device. Without cookies many modern websites simply will not work as intended.
The cookies we use cannot personally identify you.
What types of cookies we use?
We use session cookies and persistent cookies on our website:
- Session cookies are temporary cookies, they exist only during the time you actively navigate the website. The session cookie disappears after you leave the site. These cookies are required just for website functionality, they do not track your activity once the browser window is closed.
- Persistent cookies stay on your computer or other device which you use for browsing after you have visited the website and closed the browser window. These cookies may be used to create long-term records or multiple visits to the website. Persistent cookies are used by analytics programs.
There are also first-party cookies and third-party cookies:
- First-party cookies are placed on your computer or other device which you use for browsing directly by us. We may use first-party cookies to adapt our website to your browser’s preferences and to better understand your use of our website.
- Third-party cookies are placed on your computer or other device which you use for browsing by our partners and service providers who serve content or provide advertising or analytics services on our website. For instance, we may use third-party cookies to measure visitors number on our website or to enable you to share content with others across social media platforms. For more details about third-party cookies please see below (‘Analytics’ and ‘Social media’).
The cookies we use also vary in purpose:
- Strictly necessary cookies are essential for our website and allow you to move around the site and use the features and personalize your experience on our websites.
- Functionality cookies allow our websites to remember the choices you make and your preferences.
- Performance cookies are analytics and research cookies that allow us to collect information about how you use a website, e.g. which pages you visit and if you experience any errors. This helps us to improve the way the website works.
- Targeting cookies are set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant ads on other sites. They work by uniquely identifying your browser and device and may track your online activity. They are generally persistent in nature. We have no direct control over the information that is collected by these cookies.
You can check the full list of cookies we use at the bottom of this page. For the information on the choices you have about the cookies we use please see below (‘Cookies settings‘).
Our website may also contain other tracking technologies such as web beacons, tags, scripts or pixels. These are typically small transparent images or other instruments which we may use for similar purposes as cookies. They may be used in conjunction with cookies but they are usually not stored on your devices in the same way. That means that if you disable cookies, web beacons for example may still load in a restricted way.
You have the right to choose whether or not to accept cookies and the right to restrict them.
When you visit our website for the first time, a cookie consent banner pops up in the bottom of the page you open. You can accept cookies by clicking “Accept” button in the cookie consent banner. Our cookies are placed on your computer or other device which you use for browsing only after you accept them. For more information before accepting the cookies, you can choose to click the button “Read more”. We will display the consent banner to you periodically, just in case you change your mind.
You can also manage our strictly necessary cookies in the website cookies settings by following the relevant link on the cookie consent banner.
Most web browsers provide settings that allow you to control or reject cookies. If you accept our cookies and then decide to withdraw your consent, you can always change the cookie settings of your browser in order to remove our cookies from your device and block cookies from our website.
The procedure for managing cookies and changing settings differs slightly for each browser. You can check the specific steps in your browser menu.
You may also opt out of our use of information obtained from the cookies by visiting this link Revoke consents (the opt-out will be processed immediately with no confirmation step). When you opt out, we replace the value for that cookie with an opt-out value. If you have opted out by accident, or wish to opt back in, you may do so by visiting this link Change cookie settings. Please note that if you use a different device or browser or clear your cookies, then you will need to repeat the process.
Please note that after the changes you make to your cookie settings you may not be able to use the full functionality of our website
We may use third-party service providers for monitoring and analysis. Currently we use Google Analytics, a web analytics service offered by Google and using cookies to track and report website traffic.
Google Analytics places its own cookies on your device to collect data about the number of visitors to the website, number of visits, length of time spent on the site, page clicked on, geographic location of visitors, type of device, operation system and browser used, and other.
To see the comprehensive list of cookies used by Google Analytics you may check here.
Google Analytics helps us to measure and analyze the information collected, so we can apply the knowledge acquired to make our site more useful and convenient for you. Google Analytics does not enable us to identify individuals but provides aggregated statistics.
Data collected by Google Analytics is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network. We have no direct control over the information that is collected by these cookies.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page.
We use plug-ins that allow you to share our website content on social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter). They put their own cookies on your device. We have no direct control over the information that is collected by these cookies.
Depending on your social media account settings, we automatically receive information from the social media platform when you use the corresponding button on our website.
The list of cookies we use
|Cookie Name||Cookie Type||Life Span||Description|
|2 years||Used by Meiro Events as unique visitor identifier. This first party cookie is used to monitor requests rate toward their servers and to distinguish users when collecting information about page visits.|
|1 day||These first party Google Universal Analytics cookies are used to monitor requests rate toward their servers and to distinguish users when collecting information about page visits.|
|_fbp||Persistent, Targeting||3 months||Used by Facebook for advertising.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-non-necessary||Persistent, Functionality||1 year||Used for cookies acceptance.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||Persistent, Functionality||1 year||Used for cookies acceptance.|
|Cookie Name||Cookie Type||Life Span||Description|
|IDE||Persistent, Targeting||2 years||Used by Google DoubleClick to target publicity according to contents that are relevant for a user, improve performance reports of the campaign and avoid showing advertisements that the user has already seen.|
|6 months||These cookies are used by Google to display personalized advertisements on Google sites, based on recent searches and previous interactions.|
|3 months||Used for advertising and contains the encrypted Facebook user ID and the browser ID|
|7 days||Saves the information about log-on Facebook user for the purpose of the advertisement recommendation and updating the content.|
|CONSENT||Persistent, Functionality||20 years||Facilitates embedded YouTube videos.|